Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/29 14:20:36 UTC

Deprecate SOAP/XML-RPC Request

Hello,
What about deprecating SOAP/XML-RPC Request ?

It duplicates part of HTTP Sampler and uses HTTP Client 3.

I don't see any reason to keep it.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards.
Philippe.

Re: Deprecate SOAP/XML-RPC Request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26 May 2015 at 22:25, Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Coming back to this discussion.
>
> Now that template exists and tutorial has been updated to use it shall we
> deprecate sampler in favor of regular http request.
>
> As you can see from this:
> - http://is.muni.cz/th/256206/fi_m/dp.pdf
>
> Author used this one in his benchmark with 2.12 which led to bad results.
> Having a discussion with him he said he wasn't aware of the recommended
> method
> and thought regular http request was a kind of hack.
>
> I would suggest at least adding a comment in component reference to advise
> users to move to regular http request ?
>
> And deprecate it in next release or update its code to use http request.

Updating it to use the current HTTP sampler would be the best solution.
This should ensure the performance is the same as using the HTTP
request plus separate Header Manager, but with the advantage that user
test plans would not need to change, and would benefit from the
improved performance.
Also it would be easier to read and maintain the test plan.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Cordialement.