Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pedro Rodriguez <pr...@opnworks.com> on 2009/02/10 18:14:12 UTC

Assembling artifact attachments "derived" from actual project dependencies [maven-assembly-plugin]

Hi,

I added something into the maven-assembly-plugin that I wanted to share.
We want to know if you think it make sense and fit in there to discuss and
eventually prepare a contribution.

The fact is that the maven-dependency-plugin can be already used to
accomplish what I need but in a much more verbose way.

The motivation: To be able to include in an assembly artifact attachments
"derived" from actual project dependencies (without having the attachments
itself as a real dependency).

In my case, it happens that a whole family (same groupid) of artifacts has
all a zip attachment. In one project, we need to merge all those zip
attachments, resolving then automatically using transitive dependencies,

This is how I did that:

<assembly>
	<dependencySets>
		<dependencySet>
			<dependenciesAttachmentSets>
				<dependenciesAttachmentSet>
					<type>zip</type>
					<classifier>XYZ</classifier>
				</dependenciesAttachmentSet>
			</dependenciesAttachmentSets>
		</dependencySet>
	</dependencySets>
</assembly>

With this "extended" :-) assembly descriptor we are including in the
assembly all zip XYZ attachments from all dependencies (transitively).

In "dependenciesAttachmentSet" we support includes/excludes exactly as in
"dependencySet".

--
Pedro Rodriguez
OpnWorks