Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Gaasch, Derek" <dg...@montana.edu> on 2004/01/28 19:31:00 UTC

add custom attribute to intake field ?

Has anyone out there customized Intake by adding an attribute to a field
element? I would like field elements to have an optional attribute that
contains "help text". The use of this would be (for example) so that when an
intake form is displayed, each field with associated helptext will display a
small img whose alt=helptext. So when a user mouse-overs the help image, the
help text is displayed.  I had hoped that the intake code would just pick up
extra attributes in the xml, but it seems like this is not the case. Anyone
have a suggestion of how to do this?

Thanks,
derek

Re: add custom attribute to intake field ?

Posted by Daniel <da...@yorku.ca>.
Hi,

Haven't done this, but just thinking, isn't what you're trying to do
really is a presentation issue and not a validation thing?

How about making your "form object" in the template have properties
that return specialized html (e.g. tool tip or whatever)...

Say for example, in mytemplate.vm:

$myobj.ToolTip

And how you populate the object's properties is up to you...

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Daniel