Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Fr...@INGBank.com on 2005/03/29 09:43:39 UTC

RE: how to create a new workbook on client machine

If you want the file to be saved on the client you have two choices:
1) Have the user download it and save it in C:\ (requires action from the
user)
2) Create a signed applet that runs on the client side and have it create
the XLS using POI and save it to C:\ (may create problems accessing your
database since the code now runs client-side)

Good luck,
Frans

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.