Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/17 09:58:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (rc9)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!
This has one bug fix and one minor feature on top of rc8:
SPARK-1864: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/808
SPARK-1808: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/799

The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc9 (commit 920f947):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=920f947eb5a22a679c0c3186cf69ee75f6041c75

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc9/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1017/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc9-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!

The vote is open until Tuesday, May 20, at 08:56 UTC and passes if
amajority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

== API Changes ==
We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
possible.

changes to ML vector specification:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10

changes to the Java API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark

changes to the streaming API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x

changes to the GraphX API:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.0-rc8-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091

coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior

SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (rc9)

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com>.
I assume we will have an rc10 to fix the issues Matei found?

Tom

On Sunday, May 18, 2014 9:08 PM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Matei - the issue you found is not related to security. This patch
a few days ago broke builds for Hadoop 1 with YARN support enabled.
The patch directly altered the way we deal with commons-lang
dependency, which is what is at the base of this stack trace.

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/754

- Patrick

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
We're cancelling this RC in favor of rc10. There were two blockers: an
issue with Windows run scripts and an issue with the packaging for
Hadoop 1 when hive support is bundled.

Thanks everyone for the testing. TD will be cutting rc10, since I'm
travelling this week (thanks TD!).

- Patrick

Posted by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
just rerun my test on rc5

Posted by witgo <wi...@qq.com>.
How to reproduce this bug?

From:  "Patrick Wendell";<pw...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Mon, May 19, 2014 10:08 AM
To:  "dev@spark.apache.org"<de...@spark.apache.org>;
Cc:  "Tom Graves"<tg...@yahoo.com>;
Subject:  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (rc9)

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com>.
no ideas off hand, I'll take a look tomorrow.

Tom

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.