Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/08/05 08:20:53 UTC

Re: Is there a plan for Windows Server 2008?

[bcc flume-dev@cloudera.org (list is depreacted), cc
flume-dev@incubator.apache.org <fl...@incubator.cloudera.org>,
flume-user@incubator.apache.org]

Metamoi,

We have only done some basic testing of windows clients and consider it to
be alpha level support.

I currently am not familiar enough to know if there are incompatiblities
between the the different windows versions.

One potential approach is to have your windows apps or servers emulate
syslog and send data to a flume collector running on a linux box.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Is there a plan for Windows Server 2008?

Posted by Eran Kutner <er...@gigya.com>.
We are using Flume agents on Windows 2008 R2. We use Thrift to send events
from our applications and it seems to be working fine.

-eran