Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by oded peer <pe...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/11 22:35:41 UTC

Reviewing patches

I submitted patches for Cassandra-7304 (a month ago) and for Cassandra-4476
(a week ago).
Both patches are waiting to be reviewed.
These are my first patches in the Cassandra project.
Can anyone explain and how the review process works?
How long does it usually take for patches to be reviewed?

Thanks,
Oded

Re: Reviewing patches

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 11/11/2014 03:35 PM, oded peer wrote:
> I submitted patches for Cassandra-7304 (a month ago) and for Cassandra-4476
> (a week ago).
> Both patches are waiting to be reviewed.
> These are my first patches in the Cassandra project.
> Can anyone explain and how the review process works?
> How long does it usually take for patches to be reviewed?

Thanks for the patch submissions! Generally, developer/committer
priority is fluid, and there are only so many hours in the day  :)

Looking at 7304, you have an ongoing conversation with the reviewer. It
will get worked in.

Looking at 4476, you attached a patch, but did not comment on the ticket
that you did so. Not the end of the world. I set Sylvain as reviewer
just now.

Since both of these tickets are improvements for trunk(3.0) (good ones,
too!) those types of changes are usually worked on after bug fixes in
the current release.

There's no hard timeline I can give on when these will get reviewed,
other than when there is time to do so.

Thanks again for the patches, and keep picking off other tickets if you
get time and have an interest, as well! It is *much* appreciated and
makes Apache Cassandra better for everyone!

--
Warm regards,
Michael