Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kim Polonczyk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/28 20:54:16 UTC

Install on Linux Mint 18.1

I have been attempting to find out how to install Apache Open Office on
Linux Mint 18.1.    I do have the software downloaded in my Downloads file
and every command that I have encountered to install Apache returns the
message that the file cannot be found.    What am I doing wrong.    I have
searched everywhere and attempted the methods that have been listed and I
still come up with the same problem.
I have purged libre office because I did read that libre may cause problems
using Apache.
can you let me know how to do it or if it can be done?
For some reason the libre writer jammed in a book view and I was unable to
change it to a regular view so I got frustrated and decided to just use
someone else's software.
Thanks
Kim Anthony Polonczyk, Owner-Chief Consultant
KAPCO Consulting
850-449-1049
kapolonczyco@gmail.com

--
Kim Anthony Polonczyk
KAPCO Consulting

Re: Install on Linux Mint 18.1

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.
So, you tried many different ways. But you have not said what those ways
are: you need to write back to this mailing list with that additional
information. (users@openoffice.apache.org) Only then will someone be
able to tell you what the problem is. I have seen emails on this mailing
list from people using Linux Mint, so it can be done.

Dan