Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/08 12:35:48 UTC

error when checking out

I constantly get this error:

     [exec] svn: Can't open file 'projects\nationals and
agencies\com.yelldirect.nationalsandagencies\war-resin\src\test\java\com\yelldirect
\nationalsandagencies\accounts\service\impl\.svn\tmp\text-base\MockFinancialDocumentServiceImpl.java.svn-base':
The system cannot find the p
ath specified.

It's a clean checkout, actually, i do 3 checkouts using ant at the
same time, but to different locations. Is it to do with the leght of
the directory? Other times that it happened I moved to the root
directory and then it solved. The directory Im checking into is 4
levels from the root, plus the subdirectories that are shown in the
error message.

Is it a known issue???

Client:
svn, version 1.4.0 (r21228)
Server:
1.2.1 (r15230).

Re: error when checking out

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
Although the message suggests a corrupt or missing file, the real
problem is a windows weakness, a length limit of 255 for relative
paths. As for absolute paths the limit is 32k the solution when doing
a "svn co" command is using the absolute path, like:

svn co http://thames/svn/yelldotcom/trunk/ C:\trunk

Other workaround is to checkout to a folder closer to the root.

In Tortoise it always use absolute paths so, no problem.

Still trying to find a solution when svn is run through ant, as I
wouldn't have the absolute path...

thanks
Emerson

Re: error when checking out