Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/21 20:29:59 UTC

"ant all tests" using JDK1.5 / endorsed lib stuff

FYI, i was able to get "ant clean all-tests" working with JDK1.5 (build 1.5.0-beta-b32c) by
setting up the endorsed lib stuff. Basically create a directory say ws-axis/lib/endorsed, drop the
xerces jars there and then set the ANT_OPTS as shown below before running "ant clean all-tests".
The main reason for setting up the endorsed stuff is that JDK1.5 has dom3 as default and there are
many new additional methods that are not implemented by for example our MessageElement.

SET ANT_OPTS=-Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib\endorsed

Thanks,
dims

PS: Am using ANT 1.6.1

=====

RE: "ant all tests" using JDK1.5 / endorsed lib stuff

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> they renamed the xerces/xalan specific classes by prefixing
> with com.sun.* they cannot rename dom interfaces. right? :)

Of course not. Unfortunately (or fortunately), org.w3c.dom is not inside
Sun's hand. :-)

> code was built on jdk1.5 - "ant clean all-tests" means clean
> up the env, compile the code and run the tests :)

I read ws-axis/java/build.xml and found that javac task in compile target
didn't have source="1.5" attribute, which means javac task doesn't force
source codes to obey J2SE 1.5 syntax. For the present, we ensure that you
can build Axis with Sun's JDK 1.5.0 beta 1, not with J2SE 1.5 level.

Thanks for your work on that, dims,

Ias

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.

=====

Re: "ant all tests" using JDK1.5 / endorsed lib stuff

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.