Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Miguel Almeida <mi...@almeida.at> on 2012/01/20 18:20:56 UTC

Maven archetypes not working?

Hi,

I added the http://struts.apache.org/ Archetype catalog to my maven
(actually, in Eclipse) but I haven't been able to create a new project
with any of the archetypes provided:
I get the error:

Unable to create project from archetype
[org.apache.struts:struts2-archetype-starter:2.3.1.1 ->
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/]
The defined artifact is not an archetype

While I've just added the catalog to my workspace, I have used maven
archetypes before. Is there something not working with the archetypes at
the moment?

Cheers,

Miguel Almeida

Re: Maven archetypes not working?

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Miguel,
this is a known issue [1]. In most of the cases, using the  2.2.1.1
version (the latest working archetype version) to create the app and,
then, change the struts version inside the pom.xml should work.
I'm sure we will fix that with the next minor struts version.

[1]  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3738

Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara