Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stormy <st...@stormy.ca> on 2016/03/30 16:26:58 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPassMatch and space in path to a file socket

At 04:02 PM 3/30/2016 +0200, Ghislain wrote:
>hi,
>
>  I have ProxyPassMatch redirecting to a file socket to a php FPM process.
> The issue i have is that the ProxyPassMatch support sockets but it send
> the URL with encoding.
>
>   Therefor "my list.php" is sent as "my%20list.php" then making it a 404
> not found.

Too long to rehash old stories of "don't use spaces in *nix file names" --
you can, with caveats, but probably shouldn't, particularly if you want to
save your sanity ;=}

Try renaming "my list.php" to mylist.php or my_list.php.

Best -- Paul

Posted by Ghislain <ga...@aqueos.com>.
Le 30/03/2016 16:26, Stormy a écrit :
> At 04:02 PM 3/30/2016 +0200, Ghislain wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>>  I have ProxyPassMatch redirecting to a file socket to a php FPM
>> process. The issue i have is that the ProxyPassMatch support sockets
>> but it send the URL with encoding.
>>
>>   Therefor "my list.php" is sent as "my%20list.php" then making it a
>> 404 not found.
>
> Too long to rehash old stories of "don't use spaces in *nix file
> names" -- you can, with caveats, but probably shouldn't, particularly
> if you want to save your sanity ;=}
>
> Try renaming "my list.php" to mylist.php or my_list.php.
>
> Best -- Paul

Hi Paul,

  i know, if you have a patch for human stu...y i can try to apply it to
some webmasters ;)

  but it seems that their could be a way to ask this from php or phpfpm
but neither seems to have it, i mean i can't find a way to do it perhaps
they have one :)

  Of course special characters like "*" could wreck havock then.

Ghislain.