Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by "Kam K. Yee" <op...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/20 18:25:57 UTC

Resource for building muse are missing

Following the build instructions described on the web site, I downloaded the build.xml from http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/muse/trunk/build.xml?view=co and ran ANT against it.

I got the error shown below.

It seems that two dependencies (axis2-kernel and axiom-api) have been moved and cannot be found by the build.

I was able to get around the problem by manually downloading the missing libraries and installing them into my local maven repository.

However, I wasn't able figure out what needed changing in order to fix the problem "globally".  Is this a problem with the online maven repository where the muse build downloads its dependencies from?

     [exec] [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [exec] [INFO] Building Apache Muse - Axis2 Deployment
     [exec] [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
     [exec] [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [exec] [INFO] [resources:resources]
     [exec] [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
     [exec] Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/axis2/axis2-kernel/1.1/axis2-kernel-1.1.pom
     [exec] [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
     [exec] Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ws-commons/axiom-api/1.2/axiom-api-1.2.pom
     [exec] [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
     [exec] Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/axis2/axis2-kernel/1.1/axis2-kernel-1.1.jar
     [exec] [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
     [exec] Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ws-commons/axiom-api/1.2/axiom-api-1.2.jar
     [exec] [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
     [exec] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [exec] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
     [exec] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [exec] [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
     [exec]
     [exec] Missing:
     [exec] ----------
     [exec] 1) axis2:axis2-kernel:jar:1.1
     [exec]
     [exec]   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
     [exec]
     [exec]   Then, install it using the command:
     [exec]       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=axis2 -DartifactId=axis2-kernel \
     [exec]           -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
     [exec]
     [exec]   Path to dependency:
     [exec]    1) muse:muse-platform-axis2:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
     [exec]    2) axis2:axis2-kernel:jar:1.1
     [exec]
     [exec] 2) ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:1.2
     [exec]
     [exec]   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
     [exec]
     [exec]   Then, install it using the command:
     [exec]       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=ws-commons -DartifactId=axiom-api \
     [exec]           -Dversion=1.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
     [exec]
     [exec]   Path to dependency:
     [exec]    1) muse:muse-platform-axis2:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
     [exec]    2) ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:1.2
     [exec]
     [exec] ----------
     [exec] 2 required artifacts are missing.
     [exec]
     [exec] for artifact:
     [exec]   muse:muse-platform-axis2:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
     [exec]
     [exec] from the specified remote repositories:
     [exec]   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
     [exec]
     [exec]
     [exec] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [exec] [INFO] Trace
     [exec] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Missing:

Re: Resource for building muse are missing

Posted by Christian Kaltepoth <li...@kaltepoth.de>.
Hello all!

I think this problem is caused by changed groupIds of some artifacts in the
central maven repository. This patch against the 2.2.0 branch of muse fixed
the problem for me.

Kind regards

Christian Kaltepoth

On Monday 20 August 2007 18:25:57 Kam K. Yee wrote:
> [...]
>      [exec]       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=axis2
> -DartifactId=axis2-kernel \ [exec]           -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file [exec]
>      [exec]   Path to dependency:
>      [exec]    1) muse:muse-platform-axis2:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
>      [exec]    2) axis2:axis2-kernel:jar:1.1
>      [exec]
>      [exec] 2) ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:1.2
>      [exec]
>      [exec]   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>      [exec]
>      [exec]   Then, install it using the command:
>      [exec]       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=ws-commons
> -DartifactId=axiom-api \ [exec]           -Dversion=1.2 -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file [exec]
>      [exec]   Path to dependency:
>      [exec]    1) muse:muse-platform-axis2:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
>      [exec]    2) ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:1.2

Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de>
GnuPG Key: http://www.kaltepoth.de/gnupg/pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 9F04 0A94 CC40 C3EF 1A69  B2BB 51F4 4C84 BEB6 F127

Re: Resource for building muse are missing

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
You're right, I was looking at the old ibiblio.org repository. I'll look
for Christian's patch.

Dan

Posted by "Kam K. Yee" <op...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.