Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Viet Nguyen <vh...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/24 18:11:46 UTC

problem creating DB on the fly

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a DB when I deploy a web application. I have the
following db pool xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
    <dep:environment xmlns:dep="
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>InventoryPool</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>system-database</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>
                <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource
</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>InventoryPool</name>
                    <config-property-setting name="Password"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">InventoryDB</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="CreateDatabase">true</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="UserName"/>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
</connector>

BUT, I get the following error when I attempt to deploy it

    Error: Unable to distribute inventory-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear: The plan
    is trying to set attributes: [DatabaseName, CreateDatabase]

    Known attributes:

    [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionFactoryInterface
    type=java.lang.String persistent=true manageable=true readable=true
    writable=false getterName=getConnectionFactoryInterface
    setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=resourceAdapterWrapper
    type=org.apache.geronimo.connector.ResourceAdapterWrapper
    persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getResourceAdapterWrapper setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=Driver type=java.lang.String persistent=true
    manageable=true readable=true writable=true getterName=null
    setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=eventProvider type=boolean persistent=false
    manageable=false readable=true writable=false
    getterName=isEventProvider setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=configProperties type=java.util.Map
    persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getConfigProperties setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=UserName type=java.lang.String persistent=true
    manageable=true readable=true writable=true getterName=null
    setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=statisticsProvider type=boolean
    persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
    getterName=isStatisticsProvider setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=classLoader type=java.lang.ClassLoader
    persistent=false manageable=false readable=false writable=false
    getterName=null setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=kernel type=org.apache.geronimo.kernel.Kernel
    persistent=false manageable=false readable=false writable=false
    getterName=null setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=managedConnectionFactoryClass
    type=java.lang.String persistent=true manageable=true readable=true
    writable=false getterName=getManagedConnectionFactoryClass
    setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionFactory type=java.lang.Object
    persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getConnectionFactory setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=stateManageable type=boolean persistent=false
    manageable=false readable=true writable=false
    getterName=isStateManageable setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionImplClass type=java.lang.String
    persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getConnectionImplClass setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=Password type=java.lang.String persistent=true
    manageable=true readable=true writable=true getterName=null
    setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionFactoryImplClass
    type=java.lang.String persistent=true manageable=true readable=true
    writable=false getterName=getConnectionFactoryImplClass
    setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=abstractName
    type=org.apache.geronimo.gbean.AbstractName persistent=false
    manageable=false readable=false writable=false getterName=null
    setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=objectName type=java.lang.String
    persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getObjectName setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionInterface type=java.lang.String
    persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getConnectionInterface setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=ExceptionSorterClass type=java.lang.String
    persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=true
    getterName=null setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=ConnectionURL type=java.lang.String
    persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=true
    getterName=null setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=implementedInterfaces type=[Ljava.lang.String;
    persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getImplementedInterfaces setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionManagerContainer
    type=java.lang.Object persistent=false manageable=false
    readable=true writable=false
    getterName=getConnectionManagerContainer setterName=null]

    [GAttributeInfo: name=CommitBeforeAutocommit type=java.lang.Boolean
    persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=true
    getterName=null setterName=null]

I seems as though these attributes (CreateDatabase and DatabaseName) are not
valid, however I have seen them mentioned in multiple posts. I would
appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Viet Nguyen

Re: problem creating DB on the fly

Posted by Viet Nguyen <vh...@gmail.com>.
I was using tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar. But I found out that

<config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:derby:InventoryDB;create=true</config-property-setting>

will create the DB for you too.

Thanks David!

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.