Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Emily Ye <em...@google.com> on 2022/02/04 07:17:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.36.0, release candidate #3

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the version 2.36.0
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

NOTE: RC #2 was skipped.

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
730D5E8D4CA810C1F01D304B610B38AA1BE11656 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.36.0-RC3" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 7.3.2 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_181. *Note
that this release is the first release built with Gradle 7*. Please
verify/validate this generated report of differences in the Java artifact
POMs from the last version (2.35.0 -> 2.36.0) [8] - note that this excludes
updates of dependencies that are released by Beam from 2.35.0 -> 2.36.0.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[9].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.36.0 release to help with validation
[10].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [11].
* PR with RC commits showing passing integration tests

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
Emily Ye (Release Manager)

----

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12350407
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.36.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1251/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.36.0-RC3
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/622
[8] https://gist.github.com/emilymye/722c41920a69d9f7c8102d843688d7af
[9] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.36.0rc3/
[10]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit
[11] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release 2.36.0, release candidate #3

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
Thank you Emily! Thank you Luke!

Posted by Emily Ye <em...@google.com>.
Thank you!

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
Done.

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Posted by Emily Ye <em...@google.com>.

Posted by Emily Ye <em...@google.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.36.0, release candidate #3

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Emily Ye <em...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.