Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by TOM SSEMWOGERERE <ss...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/28 07:53:06 UTC

Tomcat6 service

I installed tomcat6 binary on my computer and failed to work. Then I removed it and installed tomcat 6.exe for windows and also failed to work because the service failed to start. Then I re-installed the binary and worked but I am more interested in the automatic restart of the service. what can I do to make my service automatic when the computer restarts. remember there is already a service that failed to start.

  Help

---------------------------------

Re: Tomcat6 service

Posted by gregory hans <ha...@yahoo.com>.
try to install jdk 1.6. remove the service first

Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> wrote: When you say failed to work, what actually happens?
For example when I try install Tomcat6 Win Service, it stops at
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\client\jvm.dll
and tells me Failed to install Service, not enuf permissions.

This is because I had TC5 on the machine and the old service is still in
there somewhere.
If this is whats happening then Run->CMD->sc delete Tomcat5
and after a reboot it should install...

Re: Tomcat6 service