Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Yehia Elshater <y....@gmail.com> on 2014/08/02 03:22:54 UTC

ResourceManager debugging

Hi,

I am wondering how to remote debugging Yarn's RM using eclipse. I tried to
adding the debugging options "-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=1337" to YARN_OPTS
but it did not work. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

RE: ResourceManager debugging

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Hi Yehia ,

    One of the possible reasons are that the jar and the code being debugged is not in sync. Or the line where the debug point is put is actually not reached.

Apart from the above i am not sure of your scenaro which you want to debug, so i will not be able to take a guess !

Regards,

Naga

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Phone:
Fax:
Mobile:  +91 9980040283
Email: naganarasimhagr@huawei.com<ma...@huawei.com>
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Bantian, Longgang District,Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com

¡This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Posted by Yehia Elshater <y....@gmail.com>.
Hi Naga,

Posted by Yehia Elshater <y....@gmail.com>.
Hi Naga,