Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Henning Gross <h....@tarent.de> on 2011/01/20 22:52:35 UTC

Why install and deploy plugins?

Can anyone gelöscht me, why there are npanday plugins for install and deploy? I think it would be good to use standart maven plugins whenever possible. And in this case i do not see a reason why not simply put them in the lifecycle. They have less bugs and do the job pretty good. Actually the npanday  install plugin has a bad bug deleting bin folder making it impossible to release a dll using vs standart build dir. Btw... anyone holds a plugin reference? Codeplex is down and incubator links broken...
Regards, h.

Re: Why install and deploy plugins?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
it's just a two step process to deploy, and there's an up-to-one-hour sync to live delay. I think liit is still deploying the plugin snapshot docs, but the main site is up. Anyway, the 1.2 docs should be fine for normal use.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org