Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael <mi...@idtect.com> on 2002/08/27 10:41:05 UTC

RE : How can I see log4j output on the console?

Here is the log4j.properties file I'm using.  I think this is more of an
issue with Tomcat.  I have a servlet that kicks off a TimerTask, and my
log4j output inside this task does show up on the console.  But my log4j
output from regular java classes (called via a servlet) does not.

log4j.rootLogger=debug, screen, file
log4j.category.com.idtect=

log4j.appender.screen=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.screen.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.screen.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p %c{1} -
%m%n

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.File=c:\oemserver.log
log4j.appender.file.Append=false
log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=200KB
log4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=0
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p %c{1} -
%m%n