Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2010/12/27 23:37:18 UTC

What is this BoxEE support?

Who are they and who gave them the right to create tickets from posts to
this list?  I had no idea I was working with such an organization.  If
they are abusing this list, their rights to post here should be revoked.
  I never saw them until today.

RE: What is this BoxEE support?

Posted by "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EH...@transunion.com>.

I'll bet someone entered their email when subscribing to the list, and since the boxee address auto-responds, it automatically confirmed itself and now receives, and thus responses to, every single message someone posts to the list.
I imagine they'll probably unsubscribe themselves once they get sick of all the tickets in their support system.

eric

Re: What is this BoxEE support?

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.
Eric or Wendy are more likely correct than I. -K

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> wrote:
> Who are they and who gave them the right to create tickets from posts to
> this list?  I had no idea I was working with such an organization.  If they
> are abusing this list, their rights to post here should be revoked.  I never
> saw them until today.

It's most likely not them (Boxee) but someone (or some bot) who
thought it would be cute to subscribe their support autoresponder to
the list.  I asked on the infra irc channel and got it removed.

--
Wendy