Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/06/18 01:11:46 UTC

Suggestions for transferring folks from pre-existing mailing lists.

Looking for some advise on a quick question:

What have folks generally done to transfer folks from an external mailing
list to a new podling mailing list?

- Forward mail from old list to new list @incubator.apache.org list ?

- Just add everyone from the old list to the new @incubator list?
(possible?)

- Just should we just send a message and have people subscribe to the new
list (which may lose some people in transition)?

Thanks,
Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Sure, I added a note to that area of the page.

Gav...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Gavin,