Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ingmar Kliche <in...@googlemail.com> on 2007/04/27 08:50:59 UTC

[SCXML] Feb '07 WD support

Rahul,

nice to see that you are already working on the Feb '07 WD support. We
really appreciate this! Thank you for your effort!

How far are these changes? Do you plan to build a new release (e.g. 0.7) or
do I need to check out from SVN to get the Feb '07 support? Currently I use
rel v0.6 and I'd like to stay as close as possible with the W3C standard
development. Are you going to send out some announcement once Feb '07 WD
support is complete?

Thanks again and regards,
Ingmar

Re: [SCXML] Feb '07 WD support

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/27/07, Ingmar Kliche <in...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> nice to see that you are already working on the Feb '07 WD support. We
> really appreciate this! Thank you for your effort!
>
> How far are these changes?
<snip/>

Most of the "structural" changes for the core state machine bits are
done, for example, compare before [1] and after [2].

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/microwave-02.xml

[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/microwave-04.xml

I do not intend to cover <anchor>s and rollback in the next minor
release (v0.7 -- since support is optional, and I don't think its
completely fleshed out ATM). There might be other odds and ends to be
taken care of, I'll be doing another scan of the latest WD for that.

> Do you plan to build a new release (e.g. 0.7) or
> do I need to check out from SVN to get the Feb '07 support?
<snap/>

A v0.7 would be good after these changes IMO, but its for the Commons
community to decide (I can propose the release). Thats probably going
to take a couple of months given that I'll be out of the country for
the next three weeks. For now, please build [3] from trunk [4]. All
feedback about the trunk is welcome.

[3] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/building.html
[4] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/

> Currently I use
> rel v0.6 and I'd like to stay as close as possible with the W3C standard
> development. Are you going to send out some announcement once Feb '07 WD
> support is complete?

<snip/>

I wasn't planning on sending out such a note, but I might now.

-Rahul