Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org> on 2008/11/27 13:13:17 UTC

Using the Cocoon integration test framework (cocoon-it-fw)

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Robin Wyles pisze:
>> On another note - I have a requirement to test how several cocoon 2.2
>> blocks interact with each other via REST, on deployment these blocks are
>> split into separate webapps that are hosted in different locations, but
>> I guess for testing these could be combined into a single webapp. Is
>> this something that I can achieve using the cocoon-it block?

I guess you're referring to cocoon-it-fw. It consists of two parts: The
first one provides Maven 2 mojos that you can use to start and stop
Jetty that loads a war file during the integration test phases.
The second one offers a base class for HTML unit tests.

All this has no ties to Cocoon at all and can be used for any Java web
application.

> I guess so but it's really Reinhard that is an expert in this area.
>
> BTW. Are you going to connect blocks deployed to different machines using SSF? This is something
> I've been thinking for a while.

I'd also like to understand this to give you a more specific answer to
your above question.