Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Oy...@Sun.COM on 2005/11/17 18:09:02 UTC

Cannot make web site changes visible: svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied

The web page at

http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html#7.+Make+web+site+changes+visible

says the following:

----------
A Derby committer can make web site changes visible as follows:

ssh -l your_apache_login people.apache.org
cd /www/db.apache.org/derby
svn update
----------

I tried:

-bash-2.05b$ cd /www/db.apache.org/derby
-bash-2.05b$ svn update
svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway

Re: Cannot make web site changes visible: svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> What groups are you in, Oyvind? You need to be in 'db' -- are you?
>
> I thought it might be a group thing.
>
> -bash-2.05b$ groups
> bakksjo apcvs incubator
>
> Exactly.

Oyvind, you should be in the 'db' group now.

  -jean

Re: Cannot make web site changes visible: svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> What groups are you in, Oyvind? You need to be in 'db' -- are you?
>

> I thought it might be a group thing.
>
> -bash-2.05b$ groups
> bakksjo apcvs incubator
>
> Exactly.

OK, Oyvind, I'll ask the DB PMC to add you to the 'db' group.

In the meantime, I did an 'svn up' so your changes should be visible in
an hour or so. --And thank you for making those changes.

  -jean

Re: Cannot make web site changes visible: svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied

Posted by Oy...@Sun.COM.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Oyvind.Bakksjo@Sun.COM wrote:
> The web page at
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html#7.+Make+web+site+changes+visible
>

> says the following:
>
> ----------
> A Derby committer can make web site changes visible as follows:
>
> ssh -l your_apache_login people.apache.org
> cd /www/db.apache.org/derby
> svn update
> ----------
>
> I tried:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ cd /www/db.apache.org/derby
> -bash-2.05b$ svn update
> svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied

What groups are you in, Oyvind? You need to be in 'db' -- are you?

    -bash-2.05b$ whoami
    jta
    -bash-2.05b$ groups
    jta apcvs db incubator