Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/29 08:44:46 UTC

Missing/Incomplete View Order Image Feature

Hello Devs,

I found (View Image) buttons on order view page on demo instance
<https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/orderview?orderId=WSCO10000>,
and I was curious to find no such UI in the application to associate an
image to order. I explored the button history and tried to find the purpose
behind this, and didn't find any way to add an image(content) to the order
except via Webtools.
FYI, I also found a ticket in JIRA for this button, OFBIZ-7257
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7257>, and here also the
button functionality is found broken.

I would like to propose making this feature generic, i.e. a feature where a
user will be able to add different types of content(image, document, URL,
etc.) to an order. Also, the order image feature is not exactly available
in the order workflow, so we can improve it this way.

I would like to know your thoughts on it and tell me if I missed anything
here.
Waiting for your replies.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

Re: Missing/Incomplete View Order Image Feature

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques. I will summarise the implementation points and update the
ticket <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7257> for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.