Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pierre-Yves Landuré <py...@dorigo.fr> on 2006/03/03 13:51:11 UTC

Strange behaviour of FOP 20.5 with font width

Hi,

i've got a strange problem with FOP 20.5. It's occurs seems to be quite
random.

My problem is that i've got in my pdf the word :

hôtel

The "ô" char is sometime bad positionned: it's width is false. The following
character overlap the "ô".

Have someone already encountered this problem ?

Is there a known solution ?

For the moment, i can't give the FO source.. but if need , i will try to
obtain it.

Thanx for your Help

Pierre-Yves Landuré

Re: Strange behaviour of FOP 20.5 with font width

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't know about that particular problem. Assuming you're talking
about a TrueType font, try removing all kerning elements in the
generated XML font metric file. Maybe that helps.

On 03.03.2006 13:51:11 Pierre-Yves Landuré wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've got a strange problem with FOP 20.5. It's occurs seems to be quite
> random.
>
> My problem is that i've got in my pdf the word :
>
> hôtel
>
> The "ô" char is sometime bad positionned: it's width is false. The following
> character overlap the "ô".
>
> Have someone already encountered this problem ?
>
> Is there a known solution ?
>
> For the moment, i can't give the FO source.. but if need , i will try to
> obtain it.

Jeremias Maerki