Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jie Sun <js...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/01 22:40:35 UTC

solr replication against active indexing on master

I have a question about the solr replication (master/slaves).

when index activities are on going on master, when slave send in file list
command to get a version (actually to my understand a snapshot of the time)
of all files and their size/timestamp etc.

then slaves will decide which files need to be polled and send in another
request.

if the master has on going activities of indexing, especially if commit just
happened during 2 slave commands (file list and poll), then we will fail,
correct?

how is this working correctly?
thanks
Jie

Re: solr replication against active indexing on master

Posted by Jie Sun <js...@yahoo.com>.
thanks... I just read the related code ... now I understand it seems the
master keeps replicable snapshots (version), so it should be static. thank
you Otis!

Re: solr replication against active indexing on master

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't have sources handy but you could start from SnapPuller.Java.

Otis
--
Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In short, it won't fail.  You can be indexing to master and slaves can be
copying from master at the same time.

Otis