Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Costa Tsirbas <co...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/25 19:51:31 UTC

Kafka - Roadmap - 2017

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone from kafka (users/dev or commits) can send or
direct me to the kafka software roadmap for 2017 and onwards.

Let me know if I need to subscribe or if this is available somwhere on your
website.

Greatly appreciated!

Costa Tsirbas
514.443.1439

Re: Kafka - Roadmap - 2017

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Our community does not have a roadmap as such. But there are few
initiatives that are currently being worked on and are likely to be
included in 2017 releases:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

If members of the community will have additional improvements (or will
lose interest in some of the existing proposals) the roadmap for 2017
will change.

Per the new time-based-release policy, we anticipate upcoming releases
to happen on February 2017, June 2017 and October 2017 (if there will
be community interest and volunteer release managers).

Gwen

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent