Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alvaro Armenteros <aa...@tid.es> on 2002/10/01 09:15:21 UTC

Jasper Exception

I've installed Tomcat 4.1.12 with jsdk 1.4.0_02 on windows 2000. When I
try to connect to the index.jsp default page I get the next error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No se puede compilar la clase para
JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

(Sorry, spanish version, an informal traduction could be "Class can't be
compiled")

The server boots without problems and I don't know why the JSP pages
can't be compiled. Somebody have the same problem?

Re: Jasper Exception

Posted by Alvaro Armenteros <aa...@tid.es>.
The error page doesn't give me any information except the list of nested
exceptions. It doesn't display the "root cause"
It seems like it couldn't read the jsp file ( error at line : -1  ¿¿??)
This file is the default index file which comes with the tomcat
distribution. I've been using tomcat 4.0 with jdk1.3.1 and I've never
had a problem like this. I've tried with tomcat 4.1.10 but I get the
same error. Ever I've tried  jdk 1.3.1 but nothing changes ...

Maybe the default configuration of tomcat is not correct for standalone
use?

Re: Jasper Exception

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.