Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2013/09/17 18:46:36 UTC

FW: Apache cTAKES > cTAKES 3.1 User Install Guide

The comment "It would be great if someone could say something about Non-English environments." was made on the 3.1 User Install Guide page.

If anyone has used cTAKES in a non-English environment and would share any information here, I'd be happy to help incorporate the information into the documentation.

-- James

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 09/18/2013 08:59 PM, Karthik Sarma wrote:
> I would imagine that ctakes would run fine on a non-english OS
> configuration... java is supposed to be good at taking care of that (of
> course, unless we introduce internationalized strings, it'd remain in
> english). I agree with James that the best guess is processing non-English
> text. UMLS has some non-English language dictionaries, but I suspect that
> some of the components wouldn't internationalize very well in some cases
> (i.e. RTL languages in general, LVG, smoking status, maybe the POS tagger,
> maybe even the tokenizer, etc).

In some parts where OpenNLP is used there can be issues depending on the
local you are running
on, some methods like String.toLowerCase depend on it. We will hopefully
fix these issue
in the 1.6.0 release.

Jörn

Re: Apache cTAKES > cTAKES 3.1 User Install Guide

Posted by Karthik Sarma <ks...@ksarma.com>.

--
Karthik Sarma
UCLA Medical Scientist Training Program Class of 20??

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by samir chabou <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James