Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Daniel Serodio (lists)" <da...@mandic.com.br> on 2011/09/15 23:18:37 UTC

REST "Consuming without sessions" not working?

I'm new to ActiveMQ (and JMS in general), and I'm playing with it using REST
to get a better understanding. The ActiveMQ wiki says it's possible to
consume messages using REST without creating a new session by passing a
"clientId" parameter, but after I run the 'wget' command used as an example,
the "Active Consumers" list does not show the "clientId" I specified, but
other(s).

eg.:

wget 'http://localhost:8161/demo/message/test?type=queue&clientId=consumerA'

Then I browse to
http://localhost:8161/admin/queueConsumers.jsp?JMSDestination=test  and I
don't see a 'consumerA' clientId, only
ID:dserodio.local-61330-1315933797615-4:4 etc.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding this feature?

Thanks,
Daniel Serodio