Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Pétur Runólfsson <pe...@betware.com> on 2009/06/22 15:08:13 UTC

[Axis2] Improve error handling in BeanUtil (AXIS2-4398)

Hi,

This patch changes BeanUtil to give better error messages when the value found in a request can't be converted to the expected type. The result is that instead of the cryptic 'For input string: "xxx"', the error message is now 'Invalid value "xxx" for element yy'.

This error handling is done by wrapping calls to SimpleTypeMapper.getSimpleTypeObject with a private method that catches NumberFormatException and throws an AxisFault instead. It might be possible to make this change in SimpleTypeMapper instead, but that would require changing the signature, since getSimpleTypeObject doesn't have a throws clause.

In order to set the correct fault code for the AxisFault, MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext() is called to get soap version information. It would be more convenient if it was possible to specify the sender/receiver fault code on AxisFault in a version independent way.

Regards,

Pétur Runólfsson
Betware

The content of this e-mail, together with any of its attachments, is for the exclusive and confidential use of the named addressee(s) and it may contain legally privileged and confidential information and/or copyrighted material. Any other distribution, use or reproduction without the sender's prior consent is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have by coincidence, mistake or without specific authorization received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by e-mail immediately, uphold strict confidentiality and neither read, copy, transfer, disseminate, disclose nor otherwise make use of its content in any way and delete the material from your computer.

The content of the e-mail and its attachments is the liability of the individual sender, if it does not relate to the affairs of Betware.
Betware does not assume any civil or criminal liability should the e-mail or it´s attachments be virus infected.

RE: [Axis2] Improve error handling in BeanUtil (AXIS2-4398)

Posted by Pétur Runólfsson <pe...@betware.com>.
Here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4398

Regards,

Pétur Runólfsson