Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ed Hillmann <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/28 00:46:39 UTC

How to display changes between "tags"?

We've recently switched our source code repository
from CVS to SVN (yay).  We have a process in place
which automates how we cut releases.  Part of that
process had used the Ant task "cvstagdiff", which
given a start tag and an end tag, lists the changed
files.

Is there a way to get this information between two
directories?  I've already got our process set up to
create the new directory in the /tags directory in the
repository.  And I know the last tag.  So I'd be
comparing differences between /tags/<last_tag> and
/tags/<new_tag>.

svn diff seems to present the actually changes, which
is not exactly what I want.  What I'd like is just a
list of files that were added, modified or deleted
between two tags.  Is this possible?

Thanks for any help,
Ed

Re: How to display changes between "tags"?

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 10:46 +1000, Ed Hillmann wrote:
> Is there a way to get this information between two
> directories?  I've already got our process set up to
> create the new directory in the /tags directory in the
> repository.  And I know the last tag.  So I'd be
> comparing differences between /tags/<last_tag> and
> /tags/<new_tag>.
>
> svn diff seems to present the actually changes, which
> is not exactly what I want.  What I'd like is just a
> list of files that were added, modified or deleted
> between two tags.  Is this possible?

This is definitly a list of files that were added or modified.  I think
when a file is deleted the entire file is removed in the diff file so
that should also be output by the diff command.

[nesscg@heidrun 4Gsubmission]$ svn diff
https://asc.nesser.org/repos/trunk/srs/
https://asc.nesser.org/repos/tag/srs/4Gsubmission/ | grep ^Index: | cut
-d " " -f 2-
src/tex/start3.tex
src/tex/trace-matrix.tex
src/tex/perf-req.tex
src/tex/zed.tex
src/tex/interfaces.tex
src/tex/therestof2.tex
src/tex/overview.tex
src/tex/fr.tex
src/tex/intro.tex
src/tex/dochist.tex
src/tex/prodpers.tex
src/tex/memoryconst.tex
src/srs_prettyprint.pdf
src/srs.tex

Cheers,
Chris
--
PGP Public Key: http://www.nesser.org/pgp-key/

RE: How to display changes between "tags"?

Posted by Dale Worley <dw...@pingtel.com>.
> On Jul 27, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Ed Hillmann wrote:
> > svn diff seems to present the actually changes, which
> > is not exactly what I want.  What I'd like is just a
> > list of files that were added, modified or deleted
> > between two tags.  Is this possible?

You can write a fake diff script, one that takes the same arguments as diff
but only prints the file names, and doesn't output any differences at all.
Then, if you do "svn diff --diff-cmd=you-script-name A B", you will be told
all the files that differ between A and B.

Dale

Re: How to display changes between "tags"?

Posted by Corey Jewett <cj...@mobliss.com>.
If you know the old and new revision numbers the verbose flag on the
log command will also spew all the changed files per revision.

svn log -v -r 108:114 <repo_url>

Corey