Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2021/11/14 10:08:35 UTC

About SSL properties in JMeter and their use in Java / HC Impl and Recorder

Hello,

I see few problems in this field in JMeter.

1) Cipher Suite is configurable through 2 properties:
Documented one called "https.cipherSuites" in HttpSSLProtocolSocketFactory
Undocumented one called "https.socket.ciphers" in
LazyLayeredConnectionSocketFactory

For HC4, the latter is the used one
For Java, the first one is used

I suggest we switch in LazyLayeredConnectionSocketFactory
https.socket.ciphers to https.cipherSuites as the latter is documented

2) It seems it's not possible to control cipher suites and protocols in
HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder, we only allow setting SSLContext algo but
neither SSLSocket protocols nor cipherSuites.

I suggest we set both using the values of properties in Proxy#startSSL:

   - https.cipherSuites
   - https.socket.protocols

Are you ok with my analysis and proposals ?
Thanks
--
Cordialement
Philippe M.

Re: About SSL properties in JMeter and their use in Java / HC Impl and Recorder

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
It is better now.

Frankly speaking I do not know how to deal with separator, and with array
vs List in the API.

In most cases, Lists are more pleasant to work from Java.

However, I would not die on that hill.

Vladimir

Re: About SSL properties in JMeter and their use in Java / HC Impl and Recorder

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I updated PR.

Shall I merge it.

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: About SSL properties in JMeter and their use in Java / HC Impl and Recorder

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hello,
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/677

Regards