Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Suzy Fynes <su...@sentenial.ie> on 2005/03/08 10:34:53 UTC

Dynamic Lists in Web Services (java /axis)

Hi,

I'm looking for away to basically incorporate ArrayList in web
services..i'm writing the service in Java and I have a list as a
parameter but the size of the list is known only to the client and
varies from client to client. What is the best way to incorporate
dynamic lists for web services?

Thanks
Suzy

Proxy settings in AXIS...

Posted by Adam Landefeld <al...@corda.com>.
Hi All,

I am trying to program my axis client to go through an authenticated
proxy server.

I set these properties and am partially successful.

         System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "proxy");
         System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "8005");
         System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "user");
         System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "pass");

The host and port are respected every time... however... the username
and password seem to never be used. I have verified that these creds
work with the proxy server, but whenever my client runs I get the
error:

(407)Proxy Authentication Required

What am I doing wrong setting the proxy user and password that is
screwing this up? Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Re: Dynamic Lists in Web Services (java /axis)

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
maxOccurs is not a valid attribute in the <mime:content> element.

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.

RE: Dynamic Lists in Web Services (java /axis)

Posted by Suzy Fynes <su...@sentenial.ie>.
So are you staying basically is to put the dynamic list instead an
array?

Thanks
Suzy
Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.

RE: Dynamic Lists in Web Services (java /axis)

Posted by Suzy Fynes <su...@sentenial.ie>.
That's my problem, is it possible to make a dynamic list where the
length isn't fixed before the service is deployed and allow the client
to add as many objects to the list then send the request

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.

RE: Dynamic Lists in Web Services (java /axis)

Posted by Suzy Fynes <su...@sentenial.ie>.
Well the server wont know until the client has entered the amount..

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.