Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Alleyoop <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/16 10:32:36 UTC

Mac OS X Lion buildr does not find buildr.rb

Hi,

that's my current setup:

ruby --version
ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [universal-darwin11.0]

jruby --version
jruby 1.6.6 (ruby-1.8.7-p357) (2012-01-30 5673572) (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit
Server VM 1.6.0_29) [darwin-x86_64-java]

buildr --version
Buildr 1.4.6

/Users/username/.buildr/buildr.rb:
puts "i'm loading!!!"

repositories.remote << 'http://xxx/archiva/repository/internal/'
repositories.release_to = 'http://xxx/archiva/repository/internal/'

When I run the buildr command it just gives me:
RuntimeError : Unable to download com.xxx:jar:0.0.27. No remote repositories
defined.

The put is never shown, so I guess it doesn't find the buidlr.rb file.

I tried to place it in the same folder as the buildfile and outside the
.buildr Folder.

I am really at a loss here and would appreciate your help.

Brgs,
Christian

Re: Mac OS X Lion buildr does not find buildr.rb

Posted by Sebastiano Pilla <se...@datafaber.net>.
Alleyoop wrote:
> Hi Alex and Sebastiano
>
> first, thank you for your replies.
>
> echo $HOME
> /Users/username
>
> and regarding to the buildr.rb, according to the bug report I changed the
> buildr.rb to .buildr.rb and _buildr.rb
> There is one copy of the file at the following positions:
> Users/username/
> Users/username/.buildr/
> Users/username/PATH_TO_PROJECT_FOLDER_WITH_BUILDFILE/
>
> neither of the files are found when running e.g. buildr artifacts
>
> ➜  dev git:(master) ✗ sudo buildr artifacts
> Password:
> ./tasks/javacard.rake:17: warning: already initialized constant
> JCARD_ANTTASKS
> (in /Users/username/Documents/PATH_TO_PROJECT_FOLDER_WITH_BUILDFILE,
> development)
> Downloading com.rise:security-commons-emulator-terminalfactory:jar:0.0.27
> Buildr aborted!
> RuntimeError : Unable to download com.xxx:filename:jar:0.0.27. No remote
> repositories defined.

At least on Linux, prepending sudo to your buildr invocation makes it run as root rather than as 'username', so it is
correct in not picking up your settings. I don't know anything about OS X, but if sudo works in the same way then
there's your problem.

You can obtain a verbose log of what buildr is doing if you add the trace option, like

buildr artifacts --trace

Re: Mac OS X Lion buildr does not find buildr.rb

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
You may also want to check that your $HOME environment variable points
to /Users/username.

alex