Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Lukáš Křečan <lu...@krecan.net> on 2014/04/01 11:13:36 UTC

Heades in Async redirect

Hi,
   I am using httpasyncclient 4.0.1 and I am setting custom Accept
header. The server returns 302 redirect, the client correctly follows
the location header and sends redirect. The trouble is, that Accept
header from the original request is not copied to the redirect so the
server returns unexpected Content-Type. Is it a bug or am I doing
something work?
    Cheers
      Lukas

Re: Heades in Async redirect

Posted by "Yoram Dayagi (Gmail)" <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Apparently, this is the behaviour of the client.

I did something like that, in order to copy the “Range” header:

builder.setRedirectStrategy(new DefaultRedirectStrategy() {
                @Override
                public HttpUriRequest getRedirect(HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, HttpContext context) throws ProtocolException {
                    HttpUriRequest redirectRequest = super.getRedirect(request, response, context);
                    // copy "Range" headers, if exist
                    Header[] rangeHeaders = request.getHeaders(HttpHeaders.RANGE);
                    if (rangeHeaders != null) {
                        for (Header header : rangeHeaders) {
                            redirectRequest.addHeader(header);
                        }