Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Laurent Pringot <l....@atlantel.fr> on 2003/01/08 13:54:42 UTC

Probleme while configuring 1.4-b3 LDAP user management

Hi,

 I am using 1.4-b3 with LDAP user management.
 I've followed ldap-notes.txt and my LDAP tree is properly built.

When I tried to launched jetspeed I got following error:

Horrible Exception: org.apache.jetspeed.om.profile.ProfileException:
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service JetspeedSecurity requested
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedProfilerService.fallbackProfil
e(JetspeedProfilerService.java:559)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedProfilerService.getProfile(Jet
speedProfilerService.java:293)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedProfilerService.getProfile(Jet
speedProfilerService.java:585)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.Profiler.getProfile(Profiler.java:126)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedAccessController.doPerform(Jetsp
eedAccessController.java:99)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)

here, my JetspeedSecurity.properties

services.JetspeedSecurity.programmatic.cascade.delete=false
services.PortalAuthentication.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.securit
y.ldap.LDAPAuthentication
services.PortalAccessController.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.secur
ity.registry.RegistryAccessController
services.UserManagement.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.ldap
.LDAPUserManagement
services.JetspeedSecurity.user.class=org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.ldap.LD
APUser
services.RoleManagement.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.ldap
.LDAPRoleManagement
services.JetspeedSecurity.role.class=org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.ldap.LD
APRole
services.GroupManagement.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.lda
p.LDAPGroupManagement
services.JetspeedSecurity.group.class=org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.ldap.L
DAPGroup
services.PermissionManagement.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.securit
y.ldap.LDAPPermissionManagement
services.JetspeedSecurity.permission.class=org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.l
dap.LDAPPermission
services.ldap.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.ldap.LDAPService
services.ldap.host=10.1.1.153
services.ldap.port=389
services.ldap.sslport=636
services.ldap.basedn=ou/jetspeed%o/apache
services.ldap.managerdn=cn/ldapadmin%ou/jetspeed%o/apache
services.ldap.password=secret
services.ldap.anonymousbind=false
services.ldap.securityauthentication=simple
#services.ldap.securityprotocol=ssl
#services.ldap.socketfactory=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory
#services.ldap.jndiprovider=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
#services.ldap.saslclientpckgs=
services.ldap.limit=0
services.ldap.timeout=0
services.ldap.version=3
LocalWords:  SHA

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Laurent

Re: Probleme while configuring 1.4-b3 LDAP user management

Posted by Dave Frary <df...@charter.net>.
I know there were some problems in earlier versions (not quite sure what),
which is why I am using version 1.4.b4-dev.  I checked out my tree around
the end of January and pretty much followed the directions.  The only
gotcha at that time was the LDAP-JetspeedSecurity.properties file had to be
merged with the JetspeedSecurity.properties file  instead of replacing it
(as the directions stated).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Posted by Krzysztof Krzos <Kr...@softax.com.pl>.
I'm not sure I think this is OK.
I send views of my ldap user configuration.
Regards
chris

Posted by Ender KILICOGLU <en...@kilicoglu.nom.tr>.
[...]

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

> Hi,
>
> I use the following:

services.JetspeedSecurity.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.securit
y.Je
tspeedDBSecurityService

> running with software 1.4-b4-dev
>
> regards,
> Dave
>
> At 02:33 PM 2/14/2003 +0100, Krzysztof Krzos wrote:
> >If it should be:
>
>services.JetspeedSecurity.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.securi
>ty.J
> >tspeedLDAPSecurityService
> >?

very

Posted by Krzysztof Krzos <Kr...@softax.com.pl>.
 So I receive (I use v. 1.4-b2)

Posted by Dave Frary <df...@charter.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Krzysztof Krzos <Kr...@softax.com.pl>.
If it should be:

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:41  AM, Laurent Pringot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my configuration files are joined to this mail.
>
> I think that the problem is the line
> services.JetspeedSecurity.classname = ???
> which is not present in JetspeedSecurity.properties (LDAP version)
>
> What is your opinion ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Laurent

Laurent,

Its best to send these questions to the mailing list. That way everyone
will benefit from the answer.
Besides I am very busy lately, and I don't always have time for support
questions on Jetspeed.

Why don't you set your services.JetspeedSecurity.classname=
Of course it will not work without that setting.

David
--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

RE: Probleme while configuring 1.4-b3 LDAP user management

Posted by Ender KILICOGLU <en...@kilicoglu.nom.tr>.