Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by jascpaint <Vi...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2008/06/26 10:54:32 UTC

Not a valid IOHandler problem

Hello all,
Your help would be much appreciated as I have been trying to solve this
problem with no success.

I use jetty to access to the repository which exposes its content via
WebDAV. Because I want to implement my own file structure, I need to define
my own nodetypes. I've written a CND fille and passed it on to the
ServerJackrabbitNodeTypeManager.

I've also written a custom IOHandler and modified config.xml to replace the
default DefaultHandler with my MyIOHandler.

But the problems is it keeps WARNing me that the IOHandler is not a valid
one. Here is the warning message:

*WARN * ResourceConfig: Resource configuration: the handler is not a valid
IOHandler. (ResourceConfig.java, line 108)

There is no other error messages. My MyIOHandler is definitely in the
classpath because the debug printout statement was printed from
MyIOHandler's constructor.

I've tried different implementations of MyIOHandler including:
1) MyIOHandler extends DefaultHandler and overrides importProperties() and
exportProperties()
2) MyIOHandler extends DefaultHandler without overriding anything
3) MyIOHandler implements IOHandler with code directly copied from
DefaultHandler

But it still gives me this "not a valid IOHandler" message!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Not a valid IOHandler problem

Posted by jascpaint <Vi...@dsto.defence.gov.au>.
First of all, I was in fact not using the latest version of jackrabbit. I am
now and still have the same problem. I did debug the problem right into
jackrabbit's code. The ResourceHandler still doesn't think that MyIOHandler
is an instanceof IOHandler. Putting MyIOHandler in the same
jackrabbit-server package does the job but obviously this is not the
solution. I suspect it is the case of classloaders but I have no idea how to
fix it at the moment.

THanks Alex.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.

Posted by Roman Puchkovskiy <ro...@blandware.com>.
Hi.

This may happen if there're two instances of IOHandler class loaded. Check
if you have a duplicate jackrabbit-jcr-server-[version].jar in your
classpath.