Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hiendl Elke <El...@iteratec.de> on 2001/03/06 08:51:40 UTC

Apache Core Dump - Please Help

Hi everybody,

I have a really weird problem:
my setup is		Solaris8 /Intel
			Apache 1.3.14
			mod_ssl 2.7.1 with openssl 0.9.6
			JDK1.3
			Tomcat 3.2.1

As I have gcc installed, all the builds went fine, for mod_jk I did the
following:

#cd /$JAKARTA_HOME/src/native/apache1.3
#/usr/apache/bin/apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk
-I$JAVA_HOME/include/solaris -I../jk -I $JAVA_HOME/include -I posix4 -c *.c
../jk/*.c

and this also worked without any errors, I copied the mod_jk.so-file to the
Apache libexec-directory.
But whenever I tell Apache to load mod_jk ( "Include
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/mod_jk.conf) it dumps core. Without this
instruction, everything works as it should.
Does anybody have a workaround for this? I checked the mailing lists and
archives but found nothing appropriate.  Any hints would be greatly
appreciated, as I´m very "time-limited".
Thanx in advance

Elke

Elke Hiendl
Beraterin für System- und Netzwerkmanagement
iteratec
Gesellschaft für iterative Softwaretechnologien mbH
Inselkammerstraße 4
82008 München-Unterhaching

Telefon     +49 89  61 45 51 - 35
Fax          +49 89  61 45 51 - 10
www        http://www.iteratec.de
mailto:Elke.Hiendl@iteratec.de

Re: Apache Core Dump - Please Help

Posted by David Crooke <da...@convio.com>.
Hiendl Elke wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a really weird problem:
> my setup is             Solaris8 /Intel
>                         Apache 1.3.14
>                         mod_ssl 2.7.1 with openssl 0.9.6
>                         JDK1.3
>                         Tomcat 3.2.1

Solaris on Intel x86 is not a well supported platform. The way to go on that
hardware to run Apache and Java is Linux. My advice would be to get what you
need working on some other systems and then switch for production.