Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2011/04/01 21:26:40 UTC

Re: slotmem_plain & slotmem consumers

The consumers in the patch depend on the shm version of the
slotmem impl... no idea what the impact of moving to plain
would be, but functionality will be lost...

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Apr 1, 2011, at 8:28 PM, NormW wrote:

> G/M...
> On 2/04/2011 5:26 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> The consumers in the patch depend on the shm version of the
>> slotmem impl... no idea what the impact of moving to plain
>> would be, but functionality will be lost...
> without:
>> +   if (!storage)
>> +      storage = ap_lookup_provider(AP_SLOTMEM_PROVIDER_GROUP, "plain", "0");
>
> "plain" won't even be found, which is really lost.

My point is those consumers in the patch were designed to
use shm; I doubt if they would work correctly if at all
using the plain slotmem providers.

If they *do* then I'm +1 on the patch, but adding the
patch w/o verification is just silly...

Re: slotmem_plain & slotmem consumers

Posted by NormW <no...@gknw.net>.
G/M...
On 2/04/2011 5:26 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The consumers in the patch depend on the shm version of the
> slotmem impl... no idea what the impact of moving to plain
> would be, but functionality will be lost...
without:
> +   if (!storage)
> +      storage = ap_lookup_provider(AP_SLOTMEM_PROVIDER_GROUP, "plain", "0");

"plain" won't even be found, which is really lost.
Regards,
Norm