Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/08/15 16:08:05 UTC

[ApacheDS] Build Failures: protocol-kerberos 3 tests fail

If a host's network name is not properly configured properly the following
tests fail
since they try to bind to the name of the host instead of localhost.

  testProxyTicket(
org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.protocol.TicketGrantingServiceTest)
  testForwardedTicket(
org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.protocol.TicketGrantingServiceTest )
  testProxyTicket(
org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.protocol.TicketGrantingPolicyTest)

If these tests are altered to bind to the localhost instead of the hostname
of the
machine then you will not get failures.

Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] Build Failures: protocol-kerberos 3 tests fail

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 8/15/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> If a host's network name is not properly configured properly the following
> tests fail
> since they try to bind to the name of the host instead of localhost.

Both Kerberos TGS tests (and the NTP integration test) were using
InetAddress.getLocalHost(), which would fail if your host/IP wasn't
properly configured.  I updated this to use the better practice of
InetAddress.getByName( null ).

Enrique