Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Beaudet <bb...@efficiencylab.com> on 2004/03/26 21:09:23 UTC

Import Help: I can't seem to get it right

I've got two repositories located physically D:\repos.

D:\repos\EPRI

D:\repos\EfficiencyLab

Using Apache I can view these repositories via
http://localhost:81/repos/EPRI or
http://localhost:81/repos/EfficiencyLab.  Currently there is nothing in
the repos (other than the default Subversion files and directories).

I'd like to get started with Subversion but, geez, I can't even get
something as simple as importing to work.  Assume I've got a directory
structure called NewDirectory located at D:\NewDirectory which has my
trunk, branches and tags structure already layed out the way I'd like
it.

I've tried what's in the book but I'm getting "unknown command" or
"Unrecognized URL scheme" all over the place.

Please help me get started using the CLI.

Thanks.

Brian M. Beaudet

Director, Research & Development

EfficiencyLab, LLC

www.efficiencylab.com

Re: Import Help: I can't seem to get it right

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 15:09, Brian Beaudet wrote:

> D:\repos\EPRI
>
> D:\repos\EfficiencyLab

> Using Apache I can view these repositories via
> http://localhost:81/repos/EPRI or
> http://localhost:81/repos/EfficiencyLab.

You give us nice detail here.

> I’ve tried what’s in the book

...but what does that mean?  Show us your exact commandline and error.

Re: Import Help: I can't seem to get it right

Posted by Jan Hendrik <ja...@bigfoot.com>.
Concerning Import Help:  I can't seem to get i
Brian Beaudet wrote on 26 Mar 2004, 16:09, at least in part:

> I'd like to get started with Subversion but, geez, I can't even get
> something as simple as importing to work.  Assume I've got a directory
> structure called NewDirectory located at D:\NewDirectory which has my
> trunk, branches and tags structure already layed out the way I'd like
> it.

svn import d:\NewDirectory http://localhost:81/repos/EPRI -m
"Initial import" should do.

Jan Hendrik

Freedom quote:

     I may not agree with what you say,
     but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
                -- Voltaire