Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Liz Donaldson <ed...@rochester.rr.com> on 2005/06/05 16:41:26 UTC

ssl traffic between apache and tomcat via mod_jk

Hi,

I have a apache https enabled webserver and tomcat server an and am
using the mod_jk connection module. From all the documentation I have
read, it indicates that apache handles all the SSL negotiations and that
the traffic between apache and tomcat is clear text. How can I enable
communications between apache and tomcat to be encrpypted.

Thank You in advance,
Liz

Re: ssl traffic between apache and tomcat via mod_jk

Posted by Liz Donaldson <ed...@rochester.rr.com>.
Thanks for quick reply!! Yes my tomcat server is behind the firewall,
but corporate security guidelines also is demanding that the
communications between apache and tomcat be ssl encrypted. I am going to
check out stunnel.org.

Thanks!

Posted by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com>.