Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Niranjan Rao <nr...@paymentus.com> on 2022/10/20 16:56:42 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL EMAIL] About granting permissions to Tomcat JVM

Are you using FileInputStream or FileOutputSteam on the file and closing
the stream before deletion? If so, change to Files.newInputSteam or
Files.newOutputStream.

One of our application (not a web application) was running out of file
handles even though we were closing the file handles. Everything was in
try block and we did verify the handles were closed as far our code was
concerned. It turned out that JVM does not close the actual handles
until late in the game. There is a bug on openjdk bugs tracker that
discusses this. After using Files, our issue was resolved.

If you are closing the file and JVM is not releasing the handles, this
sounds very similar to the issue we faced.

Regards,

Niranjan