Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jins George <ji...@aeris.net> on 2017/04/07 06:04:54 UTC

Submit Flink job programatically

Hello Community,

I have a need to submit  flink job to a remote Yarn cluster
programatically . I tried to use YarnClusterDescriptor.deploy() , but I
get message /RMProxy.java:92:main] - Connecting to ResourceManager at
/0.0.0.0:8032.
/It is trying to connect the resouce manager on the client machine.  I
have set the YARN_CONF_DIR on the client machine  and placed
yarn-site.xml , core-site.xml etc.  However it does not seems to be
picking these files.

Is this the right way to sumit to a Remote Yarn cluster ?

Thanks,
Jins George

Re: Submit Flink job programatically

Posted by Kamil Dziublinski <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I had a similar problem when I tried to list the jobs and kill one by name
in yarn cluster. Initially I also tried to set YARN_CONF_DIR but it didn't
work.
What helped tho was passing hadoop conf dir to my application when starting
it. Like that:
java -cp application.jar:/etc/hadoop/conf

Reason was that my application was finding default configuration coming
from hadoop dependency in fat jar and was not even trying to look for
anything in environment variable.
When I passed hadoop conf dir to it, it started working properly.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,
Kamil.