Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nolaez <nu...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/20 18:23:59 UTC

How to force a queue respect the priorities of the messages without considering the message registration time?

Hello, I am noob in ActiveMQ and I have a question, I would like to know, How
to force a queue respect the priorities of the messages without considering
the message registration time ?. I tried with the "prioritizedMessages"
property in true, but does not respect the priority, also I read the
information from these links:
http://camel.apache.org/jms and
http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html

And not working the properties I need, can anyone help me please?

I need that the queue does the following, when I insert a high priority
message, at the moment of consume the message, be the first send me, without
considering any other messages that are already registered in the queue.

I am using the java programming language and Apache ActiveMQ 5.8 for
testing.

Greeting.

Re: How to force a queue respect the priorities of the messages without considering the message registration time?

Posted by Noel OConnor <no...@gmail.com>.
I wonder if the queue prefetch is buffering the messages. Try reducing
the prefetch size to 0.