Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/05 02:16:46 UTC

Re: How to correlate debug error data with JMeter logs?

On 5/31/05, Sonam Chauhan <so...@ce.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Seb.
>
> You asked:
> > > 3.      Ticking 'Functional mode' in the test plan no longer saves
> > > response data in the JMeter log. To do that, I had to explicitly
> > > set the property you mentioned:
> > >         -Jjmeter.save.saveservice.response_data.on_error=true
> >
> > Oh. That is supposed to work. Was that a non-GUI run?
>
> Yes, just double checked - it was a non-GUI run (-n parameter present) and
> the functional test mode is ticked in the testplan.

I've found the problem with functional mode in non-GUI and fixed that.
Also fixed it so that SamplerData is saved in functional mode, as was
done in 2.0.x.

> As discussed earlier, no entries are written to the logfile during a GUI run
> - it will be simpler for the -l parameter behave the same in both modes.

Sorry, could not work out how to do that for the GUI case.
I tried copying what is done in non-GUI mode, but depending when I
added the ResultCollector to the tree it either caused an NPE or  had
no effect.

> You said:
> > > Storing request data is especially needed if the request is derived from
> > > an earlier response. It would be good to have a property like:
> > >         jmeter.save.saveservice.request_data.on_error
> >
> > Seems a good idea.

I decided that one might as well save the sampler data anyway for
failed samples if the Response Data is already being saved, so I did
not create an extra property.

So functional and error-only mode both now save the sample and result data.

Should you wish to try these out, the latest nightly has the fixes.

> Let me know if I should put in a feature/bug requests for this and the other
> things mentioned.

If you want -l to work in GUI mode, please create a feature request.

S.