Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2022/08/31 21:18:47 UTC

Bug fix release: Jena 4.6.1

There is a serious bug in TDB2:

https://github.com/apache/jena/issues/1499

This will affect a lot of users.

I'd like to do a release with the fix.

4.6.1 signals the bug fix better IMO.

     Andy

---

Details:

The main branch does have some changes, especially post-release clean up
of javadoc because producing javadoc was bumpy in the last release.

 From testing just now in a release dry-run, it still is - the
development builds on Jenkins are working, a build with the release
profile is not. I'm beginning to suspect a non-deterministic effect in
the javadoc-plugin although the root issue is in the javadoc tool when
source=11. The safe approach maybe to go back to source=8 (4.6.0 used
source=8).

There is some deprecations as well in response to where a user managed
to pick up the old, (jena-core) N-Triples reader used for tests.

Re: Bug fix release: Jena 4.6.1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Thanks - the fix is PR 1505 but I'll check more tomorrow. It's too late
here now.

It is a very silly thing to get wrong.

     Andy

Re: Bug fix release: Jena 4.6.1