Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/15 19:33:29 UTC

Seeking java example querying slide

I want to connect to slide using a Java API and find out for a given
folder, the contents within it  (other folders and files).  I would like
to use slide as an image repository and create some a database record
for each image that is found in the dav server.

I was hoping someone can point me to a good example.

Thanks very much.

Re: Seeking java example querying slide

Posted by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com>.
The Wiki is pretty helpful.

This document explains how to create a WebdavResource, which represents
a folder or document in your repository:
<http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/CreateWebDavResource>

Once you have this, you can do all kinds of things. Like I said, if all
you wan to do is get the child resources, you can simply call
listWebdavResources() on this object, which internally uses a PROPFIND.

If you need to explicitly invoke a PROPFIND, for example in order to
return non-standard properties or to return resources that are more than
1 level below your folder, you can call one of the propFind() methods on
your WebdavResource.

Alternatively, you can also bypass the WebdavResource entirely and
manually create a PropFindMethod object with the appropriate properties.
In this case, your code will look similar to:

<http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/DASLSearch>

This example is for a DASL search, but the way you invoke your method
would be pretty much the same. Disregard the actual query syntax, of
course.

-Mirko

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com>.